Subject: Re: pkgsrc speedups
To: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/16/2002 02:45:41
* Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com> [020315 20:13]:
> On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 10:54:33AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
>
> > For "make readme" it wouldn't help anyway -- the page is fully generated
> > each time, in each package directory. There's no way for "make" to track
> > dependencies for all the files all over the tree that could affect any
> > particular package.

It's not ideal, but FreeBSD has INDEX as part of its ports collection,
(aka NetBSDs pkgsrc) so you can at least run 'make search' to find
likely applications without having to generate it from scratch.

I guess we're off-topic here, so I'll shut up now :)

--
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::