Subject: Re: pkgsrc speedups
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/15/2002 15:07:21
On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 10:54:33AM -0600, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> For "make readme" it wouldn't help anyway -- the page is fully generated
> each time, in each package directory. There's no way for "make" to track
> dependencies for all the files all over the tree that could affect any
> particular package.

The only fast machine I have right now runs Linux (no HW support from
NetBSD or FreeBSD, unfortunately).

But I was wondering if it might be able to build the index and readme
files.  I think that's going to get tested soon.

> By the way, all questions about packages are appropriate for the
> "tech-pkg" mailing list. The problems with "make readme" have been
> discussed many times before, in fact. If you're interested in helping
> solve the problem, you might wish to review the archives, then
> contribute your own ideas to the list.

Right... I've subscribed, and I'll take a look.  It's definitely worth
putting time into for me, because I suspect I won't be getting rid of
my SS5's any time soon.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com