Subject: drop to debugger
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/15/2002 15:40:55
Hi, quick question:

Is there any way to force the kernel to drop to a debugger,
preferably via something like a NMI ?

The system is locking up intermittently (probably because it's CURRENT :] )
and if I could just get it to dump core, I'd have some idea
what was going on. Is there some kind of keypress that can do it?

Related question: does adding

makeoptions  DEBUG="-g"

to a kernel config make the runing kernel much bigger/slower,
or does it just generate an extra  image, netbsd.debug , like FreeBSD?

This is on i386, if that matters.
Thanks.
--
"Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat"
                -- John Lehman, Secretary of the Navy 1981-1987