Subject: Re: DNS lookup for internal adresses
To: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/14/2002 06:17:43
Hi !

On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, henry nelson wrote:
> I've got 10+ IPs assigned to me spread throughout say 192.168.192.0/24.
> Do I have to make 254 files, or can I set up zone files for the 10+ IPs
> in my sub-domain, and then lump the others with a "slave" setup after
> them?  Something like the following in named.conf:

"Overlapping zones"... I don't know if named handles this correctly. I know
that you can tell named about single IP-adresses being resolved by
forward-only, but you have 2 declarations here, the whole subnet as slave and
the single IP as master. Did you have a look in the RFCs, what they tell about
this? I would say, this could make trouble, or is even rejected by named. But
try it...

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/    Home network powered by: NetBSD OpenBSD FreeBSD IRIX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX