Subject: Mixing current userspace with 1.5 kernel
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe <bryan-spamtrap0@darkforest.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/13/2002 15:59:40
Hello,

I would like to know what the general consensus is on the ability to "fall
back" to a stable kernel when running in -current userspace.  I am a
new-to-NetBSD convert from Linux :-) and my frame of referencce is that it
was not uncommon to get "stuck in the middle" when trying to track
development kernels; if the dev kernel was broken in some way that required
booting into the stable kernel, some of the user-space bins/libs needed to
be swapped as well.  I'm just curious to know if I'm in for a repeat
experience if I attempt to track NetBSD-current.

thanks,
-bp
--
# bryan at darkforest dot org