Subject: Re: DNS lookup for internal adresses
To: None <>
From: Andrew Basterfield <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/13/2002 04:19:49
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002 21:08:04 -0500 wrote:
> Is it possible to use bind to do reverse lookups for small nets like
> and similar? Where my ISP does normal reverse for
> the normal IP block, and I just want my DNS to do reverse for my small
> chunk of the block?

Is this because your ISP puts it's servers in RFC1597 private address

I think you may be limited to a multiple of 8 bits for the network size,
although you could create a seperate reverse zone for each of your
individual machines (if there aren't that many) rather than having one
reverse zone for the entire network.

hope this is some help

sparc sun4c stuff :
personal email    : bob at lostgeneration dot freeserve dot co dot uk