Subject: Re: Q: Blind installation on DEC 3000 m300
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Christian Lavoie <christian.lavoie@mail.mcgill.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/12/2002 18:14:26
On Tuesday 12 March 2002 17:50, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Well, then I can't see what's missing.

Welcome to the club! ;)

> I have no way to see what's
> happening on the console ?

Nothing that comes to my mind. I don't have the
dec3000-m300-serial-port-to-i386-serial-port wire to emulate a serial console
(nor do I have the said console) and I don't have that mysterious
experimental framebuffer-supporting kernel for my machines.

> To log in you can try a '/usr/bin/sshd' in /etc/rc.local

Not much, from what I can see. nmap'ing still shows nothing on the ports.
ssh'ing from one of the linux boxen gives me:

ssh: connect to address 192.168.0.4 port 22: Connection refused

Like it gave me yesterday =(

Then again, it's not configured, so I don't expect it to have the primes and
server key and all of that that it needs, now do I?

--
"A friend of mine used to say that talking to me as like an out-of-body
experience: everything's normal then something, some detail, makes you feel

Christian Lavoie, christian.lavoie@mail.mcgill.ca
http://www.christianlavoie.com