Subject: Re: Q: Blind installation on DEC 3000 m300
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Christian Lavoie <christian.lavoie@mail.mcgill.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/12/2002 17:44:36
On Tuesday 12 March 2002 17:32, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> 23897@heimdall> <02031215132900.14014@heimdall>
>  <20020312214948.GA674@antioche.eu.org> <02031217243301.14014@heimdall>
>
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 05:24:33PM -0500, Christian Lavoie wrote:
> > I've already done all that. See the content of rc.conf in the previous
> > email.
>
> Ops sorry for some reason I didn't read you mail to end.
>
> > At that point, everything boots, but no network loads. If I start telnet
> > manually it works, if I say inetd=YES (and uncomment the appropriate line
> > in inetd.conf)  it doesn't. nmap'ing the host says that all ports are
> > closed, even though I told inetd to start telnetd and ftpd.
> >
> > Saying sshd=YES Doesn't help either.
> >
> > Which brings me back to my original question, what can I do? =)
>
> Are you sure your NFS root is mounted read/write ?

Completely. I tested it with 'touch /test.file' in rc.conf. It worked.

> What do you have in your fstab ?

-- Shell capture --

odin:~$ cat /nfs-exports/baldur/root-netbsd/etc/fstab
#odin:/nfs-exports/baldur/swap   none  swap  sw,nfsmntpt=/swap
odin:/nfs-exports/baldur/root-netbsd   /     nfs   rw 0 0

-- end shell capture --

--
"A friend of mine used to say that talking to me as like an out-of-body
experience: everything's normal then something, some detail, makes you feel

Christian Lavoie, christian.lavoie@mail.mcgill.ca
http://www.christianlavoie.com