Subject: Re: Q: Blind installation on DEC 3000 m300
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Christian Lavoie <christian.lavoie@mail.mcgill.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/12/2002 17:24:33
On Tuesday 12 March 2002 16:49, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 12, 2002 at 03:13:29PM -0500, Christian Lavoie wrote:
> > The short story:
> >
> > 1) I cannot use sysconfig, I need to do it all manually. What has to be
> > done? (Available tools: A text editor.)
>
> unpack the *.tgz files
> cd dev
> ./MAKEDEV all
> cd ../etc
> vi rc.conf
> vi fstab
> #if not_in_rc_conf
> vi myname
> vi mygate
> vi ifconfig.foo
> #endif

I've already done all that. See the content of rc.conf in the previous email.
At that point, everything boots, but no network loads. If I start telnet
manually it works, if I say inetd=YES (and uncomment the appropriate line in
inetd.conf)  it doesn't. nmap'ing the host says that all ports are closed,
even though I told inetd to start telnetd and ftpd.

Saying sshd=YES Doesn't help either.

Which brings me back to my original question, what can I do? =)

--
"A friend of mine used to say that talking to me as like an out-of-body
experience: everything's normal then something, some detail, makes you feel

Christian Lavoie, christian.lavoie@mail.mcgill.ca
http://www.christianlavoie.com