Subject: Time for ksh93?
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Andreas_K=E4h=E4ri?= <ak@freeshell.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/11/2002 16:31:11
Is someone working on packaging the real Korn Shell (ksh93, [1])
for NetBSD yet?  Or do we wait until AT&T decides to loosen its
licensing [2] a bit more first?

Other free Unix-projects (Debian GNU/Linux and OpenBSD) have
been discussing packaging ksh93 for their respective systems,
and I believe that Red Hat Linux and FreeBSD already do provide
ksh93 one way or another (but I might be wrong).  Everybody
seems to be a bit itchy about the license though.

I've seen some mentionings of ksh93 on tech-userlevel (11/2001)
and netbsd-users (3/2001), but no real conclusion.

[1] http://www.kornshell.com/
[2] http://www.research.att.com/sw/license/ast-open.html

--
Andreas Kähäri