Subject: Disk partition calculations
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/10/2002 21:10:27
Ok, so I got my NetBSD kernel up on my XScale processor, and
attached disk. At this point, it was not obvious from the man page
for disklabel, what niffty tool there may be which just basically asks
the questions 1) how many partitions, and 2) what size in MB,
rather than being confronted with disktab sectors/cylinders (who
remembers when cylinders where important...) etc.

I did come up with a partition table, but the question still remains,
is there a NetBSD tool, or set of tools to make this sort of thing
simple. I don't mind the disktab entry, if it's calculated but something
other than my hand.

Thanks