Subject: Re: firebird
To: Taro Fukunaga <tarozax404@earthlink.net>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/09/2002 21:04:12
On Thu, 7 Mar 2002, Taro Fukunaga wrote:

> A little while ago, someone posted a question to this newsgroup
> regarding firebird.

That was me.

> Has anyone been able to compile and  run firebird on
> NetBSD/i386?

I've not tried yet. Note that you need a working firebird server
running in order to build Firebird. (I've not investigated why.)
The two possibilities here are to run it on another box on your
network that has an operating system for which binaries are available,
or to try to install the Linux binary on a NetBSD system with the
Linux emulation packages installed. For all I know, you can just
pkg_add all the Linux stuff and rpm, and rpm -i the thing.

> I will try to get the source and build it.

Cool! Let me know how it works out.

cjs