Subject: Re: mk.conf options
To: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/08/2002 12:32:11
On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 01:40:48PM +0900, Masao Uebayashi wrote:
> > pkgsrc and autoconf are two (very) different beasts.
> >
> > The user settable options for packages are described in
> > pkgsrc/mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk.
> >
> > USE_OPENSSL_VERSION is actually defined in pkgsrc/secruity/openssl/buildlink.mk
> >
> > # Check for a usable installed version of OpenSSL.  Version must be greater
> > # than 0.9.5a.  If a usable version isn't present, then use the pkgsrc
> > # OpenSSL package.
> > #
> > .include "../../mk/bsd.prefs.mk"
> > USE_OPENSSL_VERSION?=           ${OPENSSL_VERSION_095A}
> >
> > # Associate OpenSSL dependency with version number.
> > .if ${USE_OPENSSL_VERSION} == ${OPENSSL_VERSION_095A}
> > BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.openssl=      {openssl-0.9.5a,openssl>=0.9.6}
> > .else
> > BUILDLINK_DEPENDS.openssl=      openssl>=0.9.6
> > .endif
> >
> > So USE_OPENSSL_VERSION is part of the buildlink functionality, and
> > is meant to be used by package creators to specify a specific
> > version of openssl to use in a package.
>
> Thanks for clarification, I totally missed the mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk
> file.  But I suspect that all the options for all the packages are
> thoroughly listed in mk/bsd.pkg.defaults.mk...

Yes, all the options for all the packages are thoroughly listed.

If you mean "I suspect that not all the options", then I'd like to
know why - we've been collecting the settings from package Makefiles
over a number of years now, and any new settings should be added to
bsd.pkg.defaults.mk.

Regards,
Alistair