Subject: Re: j2sdk-1.4.0-linux-i386
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nicolas=20Bill=20Russell?= <>
From: Curt Sampson <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/06/2002 15:44:14
On Fri, 1 Mar 2002, [iso-8859-1] Nicolas Bill Russell wrote:

> I'm having a hard time setting up the new version of j2sdk. During
> set-up, an error message appeared stating: trap error: illegal number
> HUP. Since there were no further errors, I assumed it was nothing.

That is basically nothing; it's a minor difference in shell syntax.
If you didn't send the shell script a HUP signal during the install
(it's not likely you did), the error doesn't matter.

> But
> when I tried to run java an error message appeared:
> Hotspot Client VM: Error intializing VM
> Could not allocate space in object heap

Hm. I'd check the memory options you're using for java, and your
ulimit settings.

Curt Sampson  <>   +81 90 7737 2974