Subject: mk.conf options (was Re: ssh hangs for a while waiting to connect)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jim Breton <jamesb-netbsd@alongtheway.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/06/2002 05:51:24
On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 06:30:38AM +0100, Michael Kukat wrote:
> USE_OPENSSL_VERSION=0x0090602fL

Is this documented anywhere?

I've often been frustrated by learning (usually by some mailing list
post) of options that can be used in mk.conf, but not being able to find
them documented anywhere.  This frustrates me because I wonder how many
other features/options I'm missing out on simply due to not knowing
about them.

I have seen the mk.conf(5) and packages(7) man pages.  Where else should
we be looking to find all these?  I understand that each package may
have options in the Makefile, but fwiw, I don't see this particular
option mentioned in pkgsrc/security/openssh/Makefile.