Subject: XF86 and MGA G200 problems ...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <Malcolm.Herbert@member.sage-au.org.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/05/2002 15:17:59
I'm using netbsd 1.5.2 and XF86 3.3.6a and X is quite fine ... except
that I don't seem to be able to see the cursor ... in all other respects
it's fine - I can click on objects and do things (if I'm careful) but I
don't see the cursor ...

I have tried to explicitly change the cursor with xsetroot -cursor
however that has no effect.

Is there any way to force XF86 to generate a software-rendered cursor
instead of using the video-card supplied calls? I don't mind overly much
since I'm using ratpoison so I don't use the mouse all that often, but
it would be nice to have it functional ...

Calls to upgrade my version of X will be ignored ... there has to be a
way to do it with the version I have.

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mail.com                                                left blank