Subject: Re: how to change default window manager??
To: Ravi Shankar <ravi2box0@lycos.com>
From: Aaron J. Grier <agrier@poofygoof.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2002 23:53:11
On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 10:03:27AM +0530, Ravi Shankar wrote:

> i ran xf86config and configured x successfully....twm is the default
> window manager...how to change it to KDE or GNOME????

install KDE or GNOME from pkgsrc.  you can either compile them from
source or use binary packages.  start reading here:
http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

> and i also noticed that the graphical login comes by default..how to
> make text mode login come up after startup...any boot params to be
> passed....
>
> i.e i want run level 3 after startup...

run level 3?  this isn't linux.  ;)

check /etc/rc.conf and set "xdm=NO" in there.

      "[...] I generally haven't found IDM guys to be very good
       live acts, most of them just sit down at their laptop and
       tweak reaktor."  -- Brandon Daniel