Subject: RE: Need advice on troubleshooting wireless link
To: 'Manuel Bouyer' <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Michael D. Spence <spence@panix.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2002 21:20:39
I believe you are right.  The BIOS upgrade I ordered last week came in the
mail (just about the time I got your message).  After installing it (and
after about 2 hours of fiddling with the new BIOS settings, card ordering
and kernel PCI options) the BIOS-detected PCI conflict is gone and I've
gotten NetBSD to recognize all of the cards.  tcpdump actually sees traffic
now.

However, both PCI-based NICs are interrupting on the same IRQ (see below).
Is that
a problem?

ex0 at pci0 dev 17 function 0: 3Com 3c905-TX 10/100 Ethernet (rev. 0x0)
ex0: interrupting at irq 9
ex0: MAC address 00:60:08:9a:53:6c

and

cbb0: interrupting at irq 9
cbb0: cacheline 0x0 lattimer 0x20
cbb0: bhlc 0x21000 lscp 0x20010100
cardslot0 at cbb0 slot 0 flags 0
cardbus0 at cardslot0: bus 1 device 0 cacheline 0x0, lattimer 0x20
pcmcia0 at cardslot0
biomask fbcd netmask ffcd ttymask ffcf
pcmcia0: CIS version PC Card Standard 5.0
pcmcia0: CIS info: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01,
pcmcia0: Manufacturer code 0x156, product 0x2
pcmcia0: function 0: network adapter, ccr addr 3e0 mask 1
pcmcia0: function 0, config table entry 1: I/O card; irq mask ffff; iomask
6, iospace 0-3f; io16 irqpulse irqlevel
wi0 at pcmcia0 function 0
wi0: address 00:02:2d:3f:3d:90