Subject: Re: does moused support USB mice?
To: Rasputin <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2002 09:29:52
On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 05:07:57PM +0000, Rasputin wrote:

> Right, so how can I get wsmux and friends working then?
> Sorry, I'm a FreeBSD regular 'on holiday in your fair country',
> so if I'm making little sense I apologize.
>
> What you're saying is this should 'just work', yes?
>
> Next question: how do I debug wscons 'not working'?
>
> Thanks to all for replies and patience.

Post your 'dmesg' output.  Your USB mouse should automatically get
attached as wsmouse0 and it will feed events to the wsmouse mux.
Under XFree86 you can set the pointer to /dev/wsmouse and it should
work correctly.  You will also be able to plug another USB mouse in
and it will "just work", sending events to the same mux.

If this is not working, we just need to see the kernel output showing
the device attachments so we can understand where it is going wrong.

You can quickly test this with:
# cat /dev/wsmouse
<wiggle mouse and watch events spew onto screen>
control-c

-Andrew