Subject: Re: does moused support USB mice?
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2002 17:07:57
* Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com> [020304 16:27]:
> On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 02:35:07PM +0000, Rasputin wrote:
>
>  > Oh right - how do I get a pointer then?
>  > i
>  > If I type
>  >
>  > moused -p /dev/wsmouse0 -t logitech
>  >
>  > and wiggle the mosue, I get ioctl errors all over the screen -
>  > not pretty but at least it's something.
>
> Correct.  moused in NetBSD is specifically for the purpose of converting
> serial mouse data into wscons events and injecting them into the wsmouse
> mux.  It is not for putting a pointer on the screen.

Right, so how can I get wsmux and friends working then?
Sorry, I'm a FreeBSD regular 'on holiday in your fair country',
so if I'm making little sense I apologize.

What you're saying is this should 'just work', yes?

Next question: how do I debug wscons 'not working'?

Thanks to all for replies and patience.

--
Rasputin :: Jack of All Trades - Master of Nuns ::