Subject: Gnome...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: John Clark <j1clark@ucsd.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/04/2002 08:06:10
So I got the problems with X11 configuration and wsmouse-protocol
taken care of, and thought I'd use the pkgsrc to get the gnome
environment.

So I cd to /usr/pkgsrc/x11/gnome and type make....

At about 2 hours I noticed that among other things, the package
is compiling bison for what ever reason... at about 3 hours I went
to bed... and upon waking up checking the system, had a
no-space-on-device
error. I think I started the process with about 800 MB.

So, the question is, is there a binary gnome package pre-built for
NetBSD-1.5, and why on earth does the pkgsrc dependencies be such
that one starts to compile the world... or if there is such a absolute
requirement,
have some estimate of space needed, so the unsuspecting pkgsrcer
can make the appropriate adjustments.

As it is I'm now looking through my disk to find all the required
dependency
files and see if I can get rid of most if not all...