Subject: linking against libs in /usr/local
To: None <>
From: Andrew Basterfield <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 03/03/2002 23:50:28
I'm trying to build a package which depends on libs in /usr/local/lib and

The autoconf ./configure script will compile and link it's test program
against the libs but can't execute it even if LD_RUN_PATH and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH are set to point in the right direction. I kludged it by
reinstating /etc/ containing /usr/local/lib & /usr/X11R6/lib,
but would I be correct in assuming now the paths to the libs won't be
hardcoded into the resulting binaries, and I am stuck with an
forever? What is the correct procedure for getting round this? I should
just download & install /usr/pkgsrc but I don't have the bandwidth & disk
space available...

sparc sun4c stuff :
personal email    : bob at lostgeneration dot freeserve dot co dot uk