Subject: Re: gdm configuration for background
To: netbsd-users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Taro Fukunaga <tarozax404@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/28/2002 16:50:34
I finally did figure out how to set the background with gdm.

1) The configuration files for gdm are installed in /usr/X11R6/etc/gdm
2) I edited /usr/X11R6/etc/gdm/Init/Default to set the background. For
example:

#!/bin/sh

/usr/X11R6/bin/xsetroot -solid "#cccccc"

Sets  a solid light-gray background instead of the default green background.

I can also display images using wmsetbg or xii:

/usr/X11R6/bin/wmsetbg <image file>

or

/usr/X11R6/bin/xli -fullscreen -onroot <image file>

Hope this is useful to anyone else!

Taro