Subject: Re: gdm configuration for background
To: netbsd-users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/28/2002 12:21:12
Taro Fukunaga <tarozax404@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Jan,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions, but it doesn't work. According to the
> documentation for gdm:
>
> "The configuration files for GDM are located in the etc/gdm/ directory.

Note that in the case of NetBSD, this is /usr/pkg/etc/gdm, and NOT
/etc/gdm.

What happens when you fire up "gdmconfig"?

> Since I don't see how the BSD daemon is being displayed by gdm, I guess
> it is hardcoded?

I would doubt that.  I'm not running gdm here on the NetBSD machines I
have access to, but I use it at home, where I have a Linux box.  You can
configure gdm easily and no images are "hardcoded".

-Jan

--
finger jschauma@netmeister.org