Subject: Re: gdm configuration for background
To: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
From: Taro Fukunaga <tarozax404@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/27/2002 13:40:20
Jan,

Thanks for your suggestions, but it doesn't work. According to the
documentation for gdm:

"The configuration files for GDM are located in the etc/gdm/ directory.
Use the Init/* script for programs that are supposed to run alongside
with the GDM login window. xconsole for instance. Commands to set the
background etc. goes in this file too."

I made a file called script and placed it under the Init directory, but
this script is not being read. It just says

xsetroot -bg gray

Since I don't see how the BSD daemon is being displayed by gdm, I guess
it is hardcoded? This is bad, when I do a make install the install
script should create a directory called /etc/gdm with all the
configuration variables and files. But I had to create these directories
manually although this is the first time I am using gdm on this computer.

Actually I only found the documentation for gdm after untarring the
tarball and searching through the docs directory, since man gdm gives me
nothing.

So much for gdm-2.2.0! It should be 0.9 or something : )

Taro