Subject: Q: Blind installation on DEC 3000 m300
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Christian Lavoie <christian.lavoie@mail.mcgill.ca>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/27/2002 17:37:07
Message http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-alpha/2001/08/17/0001.html
describes very well my problem: A pair of DEC 3000 m300 machines, and a
"SWITCHING TO SERIAL CONSOLE" message that ends all my installation attemps.

I've got no CD-ROM, no floppy, only- a working BOOTP/TFTP setup. I need to
install a NFS-root NetBSD system on both of those. The NFS server is already
up and kicking, and NetBSD is already booting. (NFS server is i386 Debian
linux)

What do I need to modify on the nfs server to make netbsd boot, start SSH,
and let me login as root to finish everything?

--
I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.

Christian Lavoie, christian.lavoie@mail.mcgill.ca
http://www.christianlavoie.com