Subject: Re: IP: Wal-Mart PC, Operating System *Not* Included: $399 (fwd)
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Basterfield <list@lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/26/2002 00:27:40
This thread has had it's interesting points but is irelevant and now past
it's sell by date.

You have a choice. If you want a PC and don't intend to use MS software,
*don't* buy a ready-made PC from a brand-name manufacturer that ships with
MS software preinstalled. Build your own, or get one built to spec, using
good quality components that have stable drivers under your OS and you
could just end up with your ideal PC at a cheaper price than a brand-name.

Live and let live, MS doesn't impinge in BSD it's a different world
inhabited by different types of people. My Mum can use MS Word but does
anybody here want to volunteer to teach her how to typeset with latex?
She's happy with her software, as I am with mine.

If people do have a problem with MS and it's business practices then I'm
sorry to say, this probably isn't the most effective place to be
complaining about them. Lobby your political leaders if you want, I don't
care it doesn't affect me, just do it away from netbsd-users and my inbox.

advocacy sux

Andrew

--
sparc sun4c stuff : http://www.lostgeneration.freeserve.co.uk/sparc
personal email    : bob at lostgeneration dot freeserve dot co dot uk