Subject: problems with pkgsrc ...
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Malcolm Herbert <mjch@mail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/25/2002 18:23:04
I've just installed a 1.5.2 machine and unpacked and installed the
pkgsrc tree (an oldish one). In order to make it current I then supped
it (which took about 7 hours) ...

anyway, have been trying to make packages, but I'm a little concerned
by the fact that the machine doesn't seem to be appling any patches.

I tried to make samba and its dependancies and got messages like the
following:

|===> Patching for readline-4.2
|===> Applying NetBSD patches for readline-4.2
|**************************************
|Ignoring unknown patch file: /usr/pkgsrc/devel/readline/patches/patch-aa
|**************************************
|**************************************
|Ignoring unknown patch file: /usr/pkgsrc/devel/readline/patches/patch-ad
|**************************************
|**************************************
|Ignoring unknown patch file: /usr/pkgsrc/devel/readline/patches/patch-ah
|**************************************
|**************************************
|Ignoring unknown patch file: /usr/pkgsrc/devel/readline/patches/patch-ai
|**************************************
|**************************************
|Ignoring unknown patch file: /usr/pkgsrc/devel/readline/patches/patch-ak

... looking back over packages I've made, none of them appear to
have been patched at all ...

this machine has bascially all of the binary sets except games and
the X11 stuff ...

can anyone see what's wrong?

--
Malcolm Herbert                                This brain intentionally
mjch@mail.com                                                left blank