Subject: Re: XFS or JFS on NetBSD?
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2002 12:07:35
On Thu, Feb 21, 2002 at 03:12:50PM -0800, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 12:01:15AM +0100, Iggy Drougge wrote:
> > Is it at all possible to coerce SGI's XFS or IBM's JFS to work on
> > NetBSD, seeing as they're available for Linux?
>
> because NetBSD already has LFS?  ;)

xfs is a bit more capable than lfs, having been designed to handle
real-time and throughput constraints on very large filesystems.

Even xfsdump is optimized, with capabilities like dumping to multiple
varying backup devices at the same time.

LFS also doesn't work as of 1.5.1.  Very, very fast, but after losing
two filesystems to it, I had to back off.

When it does get finished, I expected to move at least a couple of major
applications to an LFS setup because of the speed increases I noticed.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com