Subject: Re: How to configure make to use ncftp3?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ian P.Thomas <ipthomas_77@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2002 07:25:55
On Thursday, February 21, 2002, at 06:54 PM, Taro Fukunaga wrote:

> How can I use ncftp3 instead of the default ftp program when doing a
> make in one of the subdirectories under pkgsrc?
>
> I find that after downloading a big tarball ( > 10MB or so) then ftp
> hangs and I've also seen it redownload the file it just downloaded. So
> I want to try to use ncftp3 instead.
>
> I am using NetBSD 1.5.2.
>
> Taro

	What about using this option with vanilla NetBSD ftp

reget remote-file [local-file]

reget acts like get, except that if local-file exists and is
                  smaller than remote-file, local-file is presumed to be
a par-
                  tially transferred copy of remote-file and the transfer
is
                  continued from the apparent point of failure.  This
command
                  is useful when transferring very large files over
networks
                  that are prone to dropping connections.

Seems to be just what you're looking for.  I'm speaking as someone with
a dialup connection that is not the best.

Ian

Of course it runs NetBSD
www.netbsd.org