Subject: Re: IP: Wal-Mart PC, Operating System *Not* Included: $399 (fwd)
To: NetBSD User's Discussion List <netbsd-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Sean Witham <sean.witham@webscreen-technology.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2002 12:00:18
On Thursday 21 Feb 2002 11:53 pm, you wrote:

> (I wonder why Wallmart doesn't just buy M$ in a hostile takeover?
> They're probably one of the few companies that could!  :-)

Until 1999 (or when ever the justice department took MS to court)
Microsoft was the "largest valued company in the world" during the
trial Cisco over took them, as for now I have no idea who is at the
top.

Anyway I doubt even someone as large as WALLMART could afford to buy
MS. The world economy and corporate debt problems aside, the same
goes for AOL/TIME WARNER and other large companies. But feel free to
out me right as I ouot of touch with such tends at the moment.

--Sean