Subject: Re: How to configure make to use ncftp3?
To: None <tarozax404@earthlink.net>
From: Masao Uebayashi <uebayasi@soum.co.jp>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2002 17:07:17
Hello,

> I find that after downloading a big tarball ( > 10MB or so) then ftp
> hangs and I've also seen it redownload the file it just downloaded. So I
> want to try to use ncftp3 instead.

The FETCH_CMD variable set in mk/bsd.pkg.mk should be what you're
looking for.  You can set it /etc/mk.conf like

  .ifdef BSD_PKG_MK
  FETCH_CMD?=	${LOCALBASE}/bin/ncftp3
  .endif

The problem is that if bsd.pkg.mk finds a truncated file after ftp
fails, bsd.pkg.mk regards the file as ``broken'', and tries to fetch
it from the beginning.  It can't recognize if the truncated file is
simply truncated or not so far.  This may be done better way.

Regards,
Masao