Subject: Re: USB CD-Burner
To: Jack Morgan <yojack@jcom.home.ne.jp>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/22/2002 15:16:54
On Thu, 21 Feb 2002, Jack Morgan wrote:

> I imagine most USB devices would work in NetBSD.

Not at all the case, unfortunately. It turns out that I just lucked
out when I bought my USB serial adapter; we have a driver for only
one type. My USB CD-ROM is not supported because it's an older
device that doesn't use the mass storage standards; it uses some
proprietary standard. My Sony Clie memory stick probes as far as
bringing up USB SCSI device, but doesn't work beyond that. My IR
adapter just disables the USB port when I plug it in.

Thus, I want to be a little more careful this time when buying my
next USB device. :-)

cjs