Subject: Re: radio+tv card for i386?
To: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
From: Mike Pumford <mpumford@black-star.demon.co.uk>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/21/2002 18:49:58
> Which models are supported by NetBSD?  Win TV1?  Hauppauge cards are
> available in Finland, but the problem is that I have no idea of which
> cards will work with NetBSD (nor do the dealers) :-(

I have a Hauppauge WinTV-pci Model 627 which has Nicam support but no radio
working with FreeBSD. Since we use the same driver it ought to be okay in
NetBSD as well. If you want I can try and boot a NetBSD kernel on the machine
to check.

I think most of the Hauppauge PCI cards are supported by the BSD driver but
the only way to really find out is to either buy one and try it. Can you not
get a dealers to let you buy one on approval which you can return if it
doesn't work with NetBSD. Have you tried contacting Hauppauge? As I understand
it they provided quite a bit of the technical documentation which allowed the
driver  to be written. They may know what cards ought to work with the driver.
The driver author may also be able to help.

Mike