Subject: Re: OpenOffice available for NetBSD
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/20/2002 21:25:53
On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 05:45:52PM +0000, David Laight wrote:
> >   |  * OpenOffice available for NetBSD
> >
> > It would probably not be a bad idea to let people know that the distfile
> > for this (well, the bigger of the distfiles) is > 100MB big,
>
> Is is possible to split this into files less that about 25Mb?
> Otherwise it is impossible to download over a 56k modem if
> your ISP cuts you off after 2 hours - not unusual in the UK.

I've been using a UK ISP for a long time, and am not subject to
that kind of stupidity. However, I do pay for it, and, just recently,
they have been throwing away more than 50% of my packets, so it's
not perfect, but good enough to download all of Solaris 8, for
example.

Oh, and ftp's reget functionality (ftp -R on the command line)
is your friend.

Regards,
Alistair