Subject: Can a Newbie Make Phoenix BIOS work?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Gary Montcalm <garym@shreve.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/19/2002 06:52:32
Hello Again--

I've successfully set up one old 486/33 as a Samba server (with
naught but the boot floppies and FTP--How cool is that?). Thanks
again for your help in learning this wonderful OS! Now I want to make
a Netatalk server for my home LAN, but I've run into a brick wall
with this Phoenix BIOS thing. People keep giving me 486s, but they
all have the same BIOS, which I can't even get to boot the install
floppies. I've read the old posts about recompiling the kernel with
more (or less?) boot blocks but this is total Greek to me. Can
someone give me a recipe or point me to a how-to?

Thanks,
Gary Montcalm
Mansfield, Louisiana