Subject: Most reliable pthreads package
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: B. James Phillippe spamblock <bryan-spamtrap0@darkforest.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/18/2002 18:35:09
Hello,

I'm building/running some pthread apps on NetBSD-1.5.2/alpha and having a
fair number of problems (specifically, long periods of "blocking" within
threads).  The apps are relatively simple (just pthread_create,
pthread_mutex_(un)lock and pthread_cond_wait/signal).  I'm using pth-1.4.0.
Can anyone suggest an alternative, or perhaps a possible cause/solution of
the problems I might be having?  Even just a "no, I have threaded apps
working in the same environment as you and don't have any problems" would
be helpful.

thanks,
-bp
--