Subject: Re: 1.5.2 and MD5
To: Piotr Stolc <socrtp@sedez.iq.pl>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/17/2002 20:51:42
In message <20020218014604.A7923@sedez.iq.pl>, Piotr Stolc writes:
>Hello!
>Is it possible to use MD5 system passwords with NetBSD 1.5.2?
>Maybe somebody has already backported passwd.conf support from -current?
>I want to move an important machine from Linux to NetBSD, and I don't want
>to use -current in this case...
>TIA!

I've thought about it, but haven't done it.  I *think* that it's fairly
easy -- compile and install /usr/lib/libcrypt.*, and it should all just
work -- the handful of programs I checked are dynamically linked, so
they should automatically use the new version.

But I haven't quite had the nerve to try it yet...

		Full text of "Firewalls" book now at http://www.wilyhacker.com