Subject: Re: Standard UID/GID numbers
To: NetBSD Users list <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/15/2002 18:25:56
On Sat, Feb 16, 2002 at 12:20:20AM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:
> is it there any list with standard UID/GID numbers? I've come to
> the "problem" that, when I add some daemons to my system (apache,
> postgresql, etc), they need their own group to run in (the same
> happens with UID's). Well, the problem is that I haven't found
> any list that "says" which numbers are "standard". I guess there
> isn't such list, but it would be cool to have one.

Yeah, that would be a useful list to have. It's probably a bit
late now.

It's a pain having a couple of different Unix systems around and
having the stock, system uid's and gid's be different.
           On the community of supercomputer fans:
"But what we lack in size we make up for in eccentricity."
  from Steve Gombosi, comp.sys.super, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:43 -0600