Subject: How much code-compatible is NetBSD?
To: NetBSD Users list <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <slink@unixbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/13/2002 15:09:45
--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

Hi all

I've found some problems while compiling some programs by hand. Lets
say Gabber, which uses mkdir() function. In some systems, like FreeBSD,
a trailing slash is needed for the function to work, while in NetBSD
it is not.

I guess there will be several more cases where programs do not work
well or simply fail when compiling (found some). (I would like to
compile Openoffice for example, but I think it will fail).

So... how much compatible is NetBSD in terms of code compatibility?
Does NetBSD conform better to standards than other systems (posix to
name one)? I hope that this is true ;)

Thanks!

--=20
Of course it runs NetBSD - http://www.netbsd.org