Subject: Re: German "Umlauts" in vi
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/12/2002 23:18:12
Manuel Bouyer skrev:

>On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 10:56:40PM +0100, Lasse Hillerøe Petersen wrote:
>> [...]
>> FWIW, ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/french-1.4/locale.tgz seems
>> to work fine with 1.5.2?
>>
>> Then just do
>> export LC_CTYPE=iso_8859_1
>> and type "rote grütze" and "rødgrød med fløde" as much as you please.
>>
>> This is even "sort of" documented at
>> http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/misc/#locales
>>
>> Please let us all know if there is a reason this should absolutely not be
>> used with 1.5.2, given that it seems to work (at least for me).

>No problems, I use it too :)
>The only reason there isn't a
>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/arch/i386/french-1.5
>is that I couldn't get sysinst to properly handle iso_8859_1 in 1.5 (this
>worked in 1.4 ...)

How come this isn't part of the NetBSD installation process? I regard proper
locale settings as something as basic as proper network settings.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

"I've always believed that if the US Government were ever to get really
serious about Internet security, the top players in Microsoft's management
hierarchy would find themselves handcuffed, blindfolded, led onto a tarmac
within some obscure Air Force base, and shot."
  Thomas C Greene / The Register