Subject: Re: network settings erased!
To: Taro Fukunaga <tarozax404@earthlink.net>
From: David Maxwell <david@vex.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/12/2002 10:26:53
On Tue, Feb 12, 2002 at 06:40:57PM +0800,  Taro Fukunaga wrote:
> Well I guess I was a bit hasty when I wrote that last email because everything
> worked the forth time I reinstalled NetBSD! I still did some configuration
>  in /etc so that it could use my homegrown network.

As long as I say 'Yes these settings are suitable...' at the sysinst
prompt, I've always had it save them in /etc.

> > On Mon, Feb 11, 2002 at 12:23:14PM -0500, David Maxwell wrote:
> > > Unless you use Sushi, which was announced a year ago...
> > >
> > > http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-announce/2001/01/05/0000.html
> > >
> > > Sushi is not in 1.5.x, only in -current so it will show up when the next
> > > major release comes out.
>
> Sushi? Does this have anything to do with Wasabi Systems ; ) ha ha ha....

Aside from the cultural reference, actually - nope. Tim Rightnour (who
does not work for Wasabi) did the majority (all?) of the work, as far as
I know.

There's actually an acronym for sushi - I don't remember it, or know if
it's a retronym or not though.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Although some of you out
there might find a microwave oven controlled by a Unix system an attractive