Subject: network settings erased!
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Taro Fukunaga <tarozax404@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/11/2002 13:53:09
After struggling with getting my Inspiron 4100 connected to the internet using a Modem Card from Xircom, I've setup IP masquerading on an MkLinux box running on a Power Mac 7100/66 and can successfully connect to the internet from another Mac. Then I   installed NetBSD 1.5.2 and the first thing I did was make sure that I could ping my IP masquerading box before I partitioned the disk and installed the sets.
After postinstallation, I found that my network settings have been *erased* since I cannot ping the IP masquarading box. All network settings are lost! I've tried reinstalling 3 times and all 3 times I found that the installer erases my settings. This is a bug!