Subject: Re: adding a 2nd slice howto
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2002 17:38:24
On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 05:46:03PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Just add this unused space to the disklabel:
> disklabel -e wd0
> and add a partition here. You need to know the start and size in
> sectors of this unused space. Then you can newfs it and mount it.

Thanks, after some calculating I managed to create an extra mountpoint for the
free space. I was unsure if I could 'jump out' of the bsd slice from within the
disklabel, but it worked fine, thanks again.

> But you can't add this to an existing partition without newfs yet.

Well, that isn't really a problem, the box just servers some local x terminals,
I just needed some extra space for a couple of macs I'm going to get; They'll
probably look nice as an xterminal ;-)

Gr,
--
Axel Scheepers
UNIX System Administrator

email: axel@axel.truedestiny.net
       ascheepers@vianetworks.nl
http://axel.truedestiny.net/~axel
Where there's a will, there's an Inheritance Tax.