Subject: Re: Snapshot source?
To: Peter Fairbrother <peter.fairbrother@ntlworld.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/10/2002 09:05:04
On Sun, 10 Feb 2002, Peter Fairbrother wrote:

> Is the kernel source used to build a snapshot available as a .tgz? If so,
> where? I found the snapshot I needed
>
> /pub/NetBSD/arch/macppc/snapshot/20011221-1.5ZA on ftp.plig.org ,
>
> but not the source for it. I need to compile a kernel.
>
> I have some stand-alone NetSD boxes, and can't use CVSup.

The easiest thing, would be to go with slightly newer sources, from
the weekly source snapshot:

  ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/tar_files/src/sys.tar.gz

"config", "lex", and "yacc" were updated recently, so you may have
trouble getting it to build. If you need to update lex and yacc, to
build config, they live in usr.bin.tar.gz. If it builds at all, we're
still at 1.5ZA, so then it shouldn't cause you any problems.

Alternatively, you could try to turn back the newer tarball, by
running "cvs update -D 2001-12-21" in it on a well connected host.

Frederick