Subject: Re: Please Help!
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Iggy Drougge <optimus@canit.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/09/2002 16:17:28
Jeremy C. Reed skrev:

>On 9 Feb 2002, Iggy Drougge wrote:

>> Jeremy C. Reed skrev:

>> >Not enough information.
>>
>> >This would be the ex(4) driver. Is your kernel built with it? (I assume it
>> >is, because it is by default for i386.)
>>
>> You mean ep(4).

>If I understand correctly, ex(4) is for PCI bus and ep(4) for ISA-type
>buses. The ep(4) manual says the PCI 3c90xB is not supported by ep(4) and
>that ex(4) should be used (for PCI).

The 3C509B is an ISA card. The Etherlink III PCI is the 3C590. Last time I
booted a BSD on a mchine with such a card, ISTR it was identified as an ep.

OTOH, the 3C9XX series is another cup of tea, that's the XL cards.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Die Malerei ist stumme Poesie, die Poesie blinde Malerei.
--- Leonardo da Vinci