Subject: Re: Please Help!
To: NetBSD/users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/09/2002 15:19:17
On 9 Feb 2002, Iggy Drougge wrote:

> Jeremy C. Reed skrev:
>
> >On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, [iso-8859-1] Nicolas Bill Russell wrote:
>
> >> And also, my ethernet is not detected but it's included in the hardware
> >> devices list, it's a 3com 3c509B, why is that?
>
> >Not enough information.
>
> >This would be the ex(4) driver. Is your kernel built with it? (I assume it
> >is, because it is by default for i386.)
>
> You mean ep(4).

If I understand correctly, ex(4) is for PCI bus and ep(4) for ISA-type
buses. The ep(4) manual says the PCI 3c90xB is not supported by ep(4) and
that ex(4) should be used (for PCI).

But I guess it doesn't matter now, because his other posting seems to
indicate it all works now. And he did use ep(4) and he referred to an "old
PC".

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/