Subject: Re: /usr unmounts incorrectly
To: NetBSD Users list <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Dokas <dokas@smtp.mn.mediaone.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/09/2002 15:36:26
On Sat, Feb 09, 2002 at 01:41:49PM +0100, Julio Merino wrote:

> I'm running NetBSD-current and everytime I reboot my machine, I get
> that /usr was not unmounted properly. It only happens with /usr, all
> other partitions are ok... this is annoying because the fsck is slow,
> though it seems I do not lose any data. (I get several "inode
> reconnected" messages)

Do you have softdep enabled?  There's apparently a bug somewhere in the
softdep code that leaves unlinked inodes in a limbo state such that they
get reconnected at fsck time and the file system does not get marked as
clean at shutdown.

Just don't mount the filesystem with softdep endabled.  At least not until
this bug gets fixed.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."