Subject: Re: Please Help!
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nicolas=20Bill=20Russell?= <magpapainomako@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/09/2002 06:18:55
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, [iso-8859-1] Nicolas Bill Russell wrote:

> I'm having problems configuring my sound card (wss-OPTi). Whenever I start gnome,

GNOME uses ESD (libesd apps open a socket to the daemon?) to multiplex
sound.  If your driver is capable of multiplexing natively, then as a
troubleshooting procedure, i would recommend disabling/not using ESD.

> I always here continuous playback of the login wav. Is it gnome or is my
sound card not supported (I forgot the chipset, sorry)? And also, my ethernet is not detected but it's included in the hardware devices list, it's a 3com 3c509B, why is that?

Include your /var/run/dmesg.boot

and the output of: "ifconfig -a"

-lava