Subject: Re: Please Help!
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Nicolas=20Bill=20Russell?= <magpapainomako@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 02/08/2002 21:51:02
On Sat, 9 Feb 2002, [iso-8859-1] Nicolas Bill Russell wrote:

> I'm having problems configuring my sound card (wss-OPTi). Whenever I
> start gnome, I always here continuous playback of the login wav. Is it
> gnome or is my sound card not supported (I forgot the chipset, sorry)?

It is hard to get help if you don't provide details. You mention you have
problems configuring your sound card. So please tell us what you did to
configure it and what you did to test.

> And also, my ethernet is not detected but it's included in the hardware
> devices list, it's a 3com 3c509B, why is that?

Not enough information.

This would be the ex(4) driver. Is your kernel built with it? (I assume it
is, because it is by default for i386.)

What does your kernel say?

grep ^ex /var/run/dmesg.boot

Or maybe it is detected, but you never configured it. Look at:

 The NetBSD Networks FAQ
 http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed